2009年1月2日金曜日

Russian Roulette

My family went to my relatives' and held a New Year's party from this morning. We had osechi, traditional Japanese food prepared in advance for consumption during the first three days of the New Year and containing various specified ingredients, and a one-pot meal of crab. There were a lot of crabs, claws and prawns. They were so good. After having a one-pot meal, we made rice gruel in the pot and ate. It had flavor of crabs and vegetables so was very delicious, and it warmed up our bodies. My grandmother cooked stewed pieces of pig entrails, so we had them with a spirit distilled from sweet potatoes. I trying to dilute it with black tea, it was better than I thought.

After meal we played a variety of games. We played darts, cards and Russian roulette of monaka, bean-jam-filled wafers, for stakes. The contents of monakas were sweet bean paste, wasabi, miso, mustard, small sardines, mayonnaise, strawberry jam, blueberry jam, condensed milk and a pickled ume. That's to say there was only one possible winner in them! I got the one…with miso. Eek!!!!! Er…but…it was not bad very much. I liked it because it was just like a bun with a miso-jam filling.

After playing games, each had a piece of orange cake I bought the cake shop where I work. Everyone said it tasted good.

We had a happy time also today.

[235 words]

0 件のコメント:

♡Proto-Portfile_0.0♡