2008年6月15日日曜日

Writing Essay: Personal Language Learning History


I have been studying a long period of time. I have been making personal language history. Let me traced my history of learning languages.

I first wrote the alphabet when I might be an elementary school student. I thought it was interesting for me to write letters of the alphabet when I wrote them for the first time. I gradually started to feel something lacking about writing only alphabetical letters, so I started to practice writing simple English words such as apple, rabbit, dog, cat, bag and so on. I could know the pleasure of learning at that time.

I started to learn English on a full scale when I was a junior high school student. I met a great English teacher there. She pronounced English words clearly, at a suitable speed and in a loud voice. She made us write and pronounce English words again and again. She also made us learn basic compositions in English, memorize a variety of Western songs and sing them in front of her. I was really looking forward to her English class. She taught us how to learn English. I liked her very much.

I solved the English problems intently when I was a high school student. I carried out questions for entrance examinations to colleges almost everyday. I contributed to the development of the skills of listening, reading, speaking, writing, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciations. I could master the technique little by little.

Because of a variety of efforts until now, I could enter this college. And I started to learn Korean and German in addition. I thought it was fun to read and write the Hangul alphabet. Korean grammar was very similar to that of Japan. It was so difficult for me to learn German, so as I studied German hard, I could not pick up German very much. I also learn Japanese essay expressions.

I was given help by the teacher as stated before, but I have been helped by my family since I can remember. When I had to recite in English, my mother confirmed English textbooks for me. When I had to write essays in English, my father pointed out some mistakes for me. When I sing Western songs, my brother checks the words to these songs. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

I think the purpose of learning languages is for getting some licenses such as passing the Practical English Proficiency Test and the Practical Korean Proficiency Test. In fact I have the Second Grade of the English Language Proficiency Test. I also think the purpose is for communicate with people. Going abroad, I’ll be able to speak to foreigners, ask them the way or my destinations and ask them to help with something myself. Moreover I think the purpose is for employment in Japan or in other countries. I want to be a ground-hostess in Japan. When a lot of foreigners may visit airports, if I can speak many languages, I can communicate with them well. I learn languages for my future.

My way of learning is useful. It’s not just writing, speaking, reading and listening but the strange way. I remember the something words through their resemblance to words or phrases. It’s my favorite way of learning.

Learning is very important for us. I have been taught how to learn languages by our teachers for a long time. Having carved out a long history, I’m getting to understand the essentials much more. I want to learn the way of learning and to continue to learn from now on, too.

[601 words]

0 件のコメント:

♡Proto-Portfile_0.0♡