2008年5月14日水曜日

BR 1-12: The Motorway


Biff and Chip went to stay with Gran. I also would often go to stay with my grandparents when I was a little girl. Gran lived in a little village. My grandparents live in Koto in Kumamoto city, so I can stay with them as soon as I want to do so. Biff and Chip liked staying with Gran. Of course I like to stay with my grandparents very much. Gran was good fun. My grandmother is kind, sweet and good fun, too. Gran made Biff and Chip laugh. My grandmother often makes my younger brother and me laugh because of her many jokes.
Gran took Biff and Chip to the shed. My grandparents also have one in their garden. Gran had a surprise for Biff and Chip. It sounds interesting. Open the door. My heart beat faster then. She had got a surprise for Biff and Chip. I wondered what was it. Sure enough, What is it? Biff and Chip opened the door and looked inside the shed. My heart much faster then. Biff and Chip had a big surprise. What was it? There was a dragon in the shed! I thought that was beyond the realm of possibility. It was not a real dragon. It was a kite. Well, that explained it. Biff and Chip looked at the kite. Also I looked the illustration. It was a Chinese dragon kite. It was wonderful. I've never seen such a kite before. The children wanted to fly the kite. I had the same thought as them.

It was a good day for a picnic and to fly the kite, but it was quite windy. I wanted to experience their situation, too. I thought Biff who wanted to fly the kite first was self- centered boy. Gran found a good place for the picnic. Where was it? It was near her house. I really envied them. This was a good place to fly the kite. I wanted such a place near my house, too. She let Biff fly the kite first. Gran was kind. The wind took the kite up in the sky. It looked so interesting. It went higher and higher. I would rather fly my body than fly the kite. It also looked wonderful. He enjoyed doing so very much, but suddenly the wind got stronger. Oh my God! I worried about that. The kite blew away and landed in a tree. I was upset.

In the end, someone got the kite down with a long pole. I felt easy then, but I was sad to hear that they wanted to build a motorway and to put it right there. Gran told people in the village about that. Everyone wanted to stop the motorway. Of course so did I. They made banners and posters said stop the motorway. Because of that Biff and Chip gave Gran the rare flowers, they couldn't put a motorway there. The rare flowers saved the village. That was very good.

[507 words]

2 件のコメント:

Paul Beaufait さんのコメント...

Hi Kaori,

After rereading this review, I'm still wondering why you chose to read The Motorway, whether you'd recommend it to your classmates or peers, and why or why not. Would you mind making your book review(s) a bit more communicative in those regards?

Cheers.

Kaori さんのコメント...

To: pab
Thank you for your comment to me.
I understood what you ask me. I'll try to add more information to my book reviews from the next one.
I'm afraid I have put you to a great deal of trouble, and I appreciate your giving your advices for me.

♡Proto-Portfile_0.0♡